After the success of the Marathon in Mumbai, it was time for Kolkatan to run. On Sunday, February 19, 2006 Marathon was organized for Kolkata citizens. The newspaper partner for the event was The Telegraph.

The reason I am writing this post is that, to my astonishment the newspaper I subscribe (The Times of India) printed no news about the Marathon. I understand that The Telegraph is the official newspaper for the event but that should not stop the TOI to write about a major event happening in the city. I mean what could be bigger than this in the city – but still there was no news about it in the TOI. Is this what we call freedom-of-press?

I am not only blaming The TOI for this, but the same is true with other publications when the situation is vice-versa. Most probably there is some agreement or rivalry between these newspapers. Why should we be the victims of this rivalry among the newspapers?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything is business oriented today...